Friday, May 21, 2010

Goodbye College Life

I have to say that this particular shoot made me laugh. This College Graduate happens to be my Brother in Law. We are all so proud and excited for him as he leaves the college life behind and is thrown into the "real world." He did his mother a huge favor by agreeing to let me (and only because it was me) photograph him for his Graduation announcements/invites. This shoot was literally done in my front and back yard. He simply threw on his cap & gown and his college sweatshirt as we headed outside. He's a lot more photogenic then he cares to admit (and since he looks so much like my husband, I am a tad bit biased!).

Anyway, we ended up geting some really nice (but not too forced) images for his graduation. In just 3 short weeks he will getting his degree... and then hopefully not too soon afterwards, a job!

Congratulations Jeff!!

Web Sharpen2

Web Sharpen4

Web Sharpen3

Web Sharpen1

So for this particular image I was going for something edgy, contrasty and textured. Jeff is a great musician and is amazing on the drums (and thanks to him my daughter has a love for playing them too). So I hung his cap on his drums and caught him as he played. I used several different Totally Rad Actions in order to create this effect and add some texture.

rustcage-bullettooth-dirtbag

18 comments:

  1. The one with the cap and gown and the last image are my favorites. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. he does look like Randy a little bit! Great job, Meghan!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shots! Love the guitar as we are a guitar house here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great images, congrats on the graduation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great photos! Love the last one! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic job. Nice and relaxed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the guitar shot! Congratulations on the graduation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like these because you really captured his personality. I feel like I know something about him. Nice work :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO SO AWESOME! Love the actions & texture on the last one, totally makes the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great shots. The last two are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the shot with the drum set! Great job and congrats to the graduate!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job on these! I love that last one.

    ReplyDelete